Ribit's first speed dating event for 2016 was designed to help students hook in to part time job and internship opportunities at the Fishburners collaborative space.
The evening resulted in some impressive event stats, including:
- 80 talented students delivering first class pitching to startups.
- 29 Fishburner startups and small businesses looking for their next great talent find.
- 8 rounds of speed dating, lasting 6 minutes a piece.
- 12 high profile Innovation influencers, including The Conversation, Ericsson, Telstra, Data61-CSIRO and NSW Industry Minister's Office dispensing their wisdom to students.
- 40 pizzas to power the conversations.
Many emails have since started flying between students and startups with formal interviews already underway. The Fishburner startups were stoked to learn what we've already discovered - that there are plenty of seriously bright students worth knowing.
The students and startups have expressed that the night was a massive success and they are keen to sign up for the next one. Thanks to Fishburners and the AIIA for partnering in what was a fantastic event.
Stay tuned for the next Ribit event.